Absolutely Irish brings together the brightest stars of traditional Irish music for a once-in-a-lifetime concert that will leave folk music fans stunned by the virtuoso performances.
Filmed live at the intimate Irish Arts Center in New York City's famed Hell's Kitchen neighborhood, Irish music impresario Mick Moloney presents three generation of brilliant musicians. They display their mastery on favorite songs and traditional tunes, and rock the hall with their passionate performances.
Absolutely Irish includes performances by:
- Whistle player Joanie Madden
- Fiddlers Liz Carroll, Eileen Ivers, and Athena Tergis
- Flute and banjo player Seamus Egan
- Guitarist John Doyle
- Singers Karan Casey, Robbie O'Connell, and Susan McKeown
- Piper Jerry O'Sullivan
- Concertina player Tim Collins
- Accordionist Billy McComiskey
- Dancers Niall O'Leary and Darrah Carr
- Singer and banjo player Mick Moloney
With special guest appearances by two living legends – flute player Mike Rafferty and Irish dancer Jo McNamara – and an inspiring rendition of Leaving Liverpool performed by the entire ensemble, Absolutely Irish shocases the best talent on the Irish music scene today.
Absolutely Irish was a co-production with WGBH. Compass Records produced the CD.
For more information about Mick Moloney, click here.